Q:Who do you think was the first person Steve Rick Rolled?
Steve discovers Roll Rolling one night while working through the list of music recommendations Sam and Natasha had given him. At first he thinks it’s a random ad popping up in the middle of the music video. Then he reads the comments. Nearly every one involves swearing and the term ‘Rick Roll’d.’ Google, as always, is unbelievably helpful and Steve laughs out loud to himself upon reading the Wiki page.
Sam is first.
Steve: Otis Redding is terrific - thanks for the recommendation. Found one you might like. Let me know what you think.
He pastes the link into the text before hitting send. He smirks and waits.
Sam: Steve Rogers, you Rick Rollin’ sonofabitch! Dammit, man. Who knew Captain America was such a troll?
Steve’s sharp bark of laughter echoes off the walls.
Steve: On your left
Sam: You’re an asshole
Sam: Fifty bucks says you can’t get everyone else
Steve: I won’t feel bad taking your money, you know?
Sam: That’s why you’re an asshole.
IDEK you guise.
Steve: Hey, Clint, thanks for the movie recommendations. Pretty in Pink was great. I liked this one too.
Steve carefully pastes the link in and presses send without a moment of regret. He tosses his phone on the counter and opens the fridge. Halfway through making a pile of sandwiches his phone vibrates on the counter.
Clint: U rick rolled me.
Steve: Sorry, pal.
Clint: UR an asshole. >:(
Steve snorts and screencaps the texts.
Steve: one down.
He attaches the picture and sends it to Sam, laughing to himself as he pulls a carton of milk from the fridge.
Sam: Why am I friends with you?
Steve: My senior citizen’s discount.
Natasha doesn’t reply. Steve hasn’t heard anything from her in three days, so he assumes she’s off somewhere on the other side of the world kicking ass and taking names.
He’s walking back to his place one night with a couple of large pizzas, listening to the 60s mix Sam made for him when a little blur of red and black lunges at him from the shadows. His attacker sweeps his legs out from under him and knocks him to the ground. He’s prepared to spring to the defense when he sees it’s Natasha. Steve’s laugh is cut short when she presses a pointed heel against his throat. “Dammit, Nat! You made me drop my pizzas. What the hell?”
She presses her heel a fraction closer and breathing becomes difficult.
Natasha eyes him coolly with her arms crossed against her chest. ”I’ve had motherfucking Rick Astley in my head for three days now, you little shithead.”
Steve snorts and immediately regrets it.
Natasha kicks him in the ribs before offering a hand to help him off the ground.
"Share your pizza and let’s figure out how you’re going to get Stark."
(Natasha is having exactly none of your shit, Steve.)
Despite what Tony thinks, Thor has no trouble with Midgardian technology. Humor, yes, but technology no. Steve sends Thor an email, swipes his iPod off the desk and goes out for a run, listening to the 70s mix Sam made him.
unknown number: I hate you.
Steve: Excuse me, I think you have the wrong number.
unknown number: I have the right number, Captain Rogers. Thor has not stopped singing all day.
Steve: I’m sorry, Dr. Foster.
Dr. Foster: No, you’re not. ヽ(ಠ_ಠ)ノ
No, he really wasn’t.
Steve finds an acoustic version, heavy on the sitar, of Rick Astley’s notorious hit and asks JARVIS to play it the next time Bruce plays his tea time music.
Two days later they learn that Hulk can’t sing but he can hum. Rather soulfully, he thinks as he sends a video clip to Sam.
Sam: You fucker, Rogers.
Steve: Five down. One to go.
Sam: Good luck with that one, asshole.
Steve: Better have my money ready, Wilson.
(Thor enjoys Midgardian folk tales sung in chanted verse)
Tony is the hardest by far. Steve brings pizza and vodka with him when he visits Natasha, and Clint is there too as a happy accident. He bounces ideas off them and everything he can think of just isn’t enough. They break for the night and he retires to his apartment.
He almost considers giving in to Sam when Tony gives him the answer unknowingly.
Steve is sitting on one of the stools in Tony’s workshop, drawing the Suit (which Tony was tickled over), when DUM-E beeps and nudges his arm. Steve grins and takes the washer they’d been using for ‘fetch’ while Tony mutters to himself and looks over the damage Steve’s body armor had sustained.
(“It’s impossible!” He’d wailed, looking at the large gashes in the fabric.
"Tell that to my stomach," Steve had replied from the hospital bed where his skin slowly stitched itself back together under the bandages.)
"Hey, Tony." Steve lightly tosses the washer like an extra-small frisbee across the workshop. "Is DUM-E limited to just beeps?"
"No, he has proper speakers, he just refuses to use them for anything else. He doesn’t have the AI functionality of JARVIS. He’s like a baby. A really old baby. Or the mute eldest brother."
Steve smiles brightly when DUM-E comes back with the washer.
It’s really easy to get the song onto his iPod.
It’s almost easier to get the iPod hooked up to DUM-E and get him to push the ‘play’ button once Tony had settled in.
The entire team watches through the (thankfully soundproof) glass wall as Tony shouts and chases DUM-E around his workshop.
Steve: Did it.
Sam: Pics or it didn’t happen.
Steve steps into the workshop and records the song playing as DUM-E zips around, Tony chasing him. It sends it to Sam who doesn’t reply for ten minutes.
Sam: I’m paying you in beer. BECAUSE you can’t get drunk. Asshole.
Steve: That’s Captain Asshole to you.
BEST ENDING OF ALL TIME AMG
Slaps this onto blog.
This is the greatest thing ever to exist
yes lord. YES.
Get to Know Me Uncomfortably Well
- 1. What is you middle name?
- 2. How old are you?
- 3. What is your birthday?
- 4. What is your zodiac sign?
- 5. What is your favorite color?
- 6. What's your lucky number?
- 7. Do you have any pets?
- 8. Where are you from?
- 9. How tall are you?
- 10. What shoe size are you?
- 11. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- 12. What was your last dream about?
- 13. What talents do you have?
- 14. Are you psychic in any way?
- 15. Favorite song?
- 16. Favorite movie?
- 17. Who would be your ideal partner?
- 18. Do you want children?
- 19. Do you want a church wedding?
- 20. Are you religious?
- 21. Have you ever been to the hospital?
- 22. Have you ever got in trouble with the law?
- 23. Have you ever met any celebrities?
- 24. Baths or showers?
- 25. What color socks are you wearing?
- 26. Have you ever been famous?
- 27. Would you like to be a big celebrity?
- 28. What type of music do you like?
- 29. Have you ever been skinny dipping?
- 30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
- 31. What position do you usually sleep in?
- 32. How big is your house?
- 33. What do you typically have for breakfast?
- 34. Have you ever fired a gun?
- 35. Have you ever tried archery?
- 36. Favorite clean word?
- 37. Favorite swear word?
- 38. What's the longest you've ever gone without sleep?
- 39. Do you have any scars?
- 40. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
- 41. Are you a good liar?
- 42. Are you a good judge of character?
- 43. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
- 44. Do you have a strong accent?
- 45. What is your favorite accent?
- 46. What is your personality type?
- 47. What is your most expensive piece of clothing?
- 48. Can you curl your tongue?
- 49. Are you an innie or an outie?
- 50. Left or right handed?
- 51. Are you scared of spiders?
- 52. Favorite food?
- 53. Favorite foreign food?
- 54. Are you a clean or messy person?
- 55. Most used phrased?
- 56. Most used word?
- 57. How long does it take for you to get ready?
- 58. Do you have much of an ego?
- 59. Do you suck or bite lollipops?
- 60. Do you talk to yourself?
- 61. Do you sing to yourself?
- 62. Are you a good singer?
- 63. Biggest Fear?
- 64. Are you a gossip?
- 65. Best dramatic movie you've seen?
- 66. Do you like long or short hair?
- 67. Can you name all 50 states of America?
- 68. Favorite school subject?
- 69. Extrovert or Introvert?
- 70. Have you ever been scuba diving?
- 71. What makes you nervous?
- 72. Are you scared of the dark?
- 73. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
- 74. Are you ticklish?
- 75. Have you ever started a rumor?
- 76. Have you ever been in a position of authority?
- 77. Have you ever drank underage?
- 78. Have you ever done drugs?
- 79. Who was your first real crush?
- 80. How many piercings do you have?
- 81. Can you roll your Rs?"
- 82. How fast can you type?
- 83. How fast can you run?
- 84. What color is your hair?
- 85. What color is your eyes?
- 86. What are you allergic to?
- 87. Do you keep a journal?
- 88. What do your parents do?
- 89. Do you like your age?
- 90. What makes you angry?
- 91. Do you like your own name?
- 92. Have you already thought of baby names, and if so what are they?
- 93. Do you want a boy a girl for a child?
- 94. What are you strengths?
- 95. What are your weaknesses?
- 96. How did you get your name?
- 97. Were your ancestors royalty?
- 98. Do you have any scars?
- 99. Color of your bedspread?
- 100. Color of your room?
Q:We are expecting our first child in March, and we're super excited. My wife and I are both very nerdy in our own ways. Any sage words of wisdom on being an awesome nerdy parent? (I think this could be an awesome podcast topic btw)
being a fan of something and having a crap fandom is like standing in the middle of a party and everyone is loud, obnoxious and rude and occasionally spits acid in your face but your friends are there, the music is excellent, and there’s lots of food, and there’s great wifi so you don’t really wanna leave so you kind of just stand there going